The North Portland Neighborhood Services Small Grants Reimbursement Program supports community building and community activities in North Portland.
- Application Opens: November 15, 2021
- Application Deadline: December 30,2021 4:59pm
- Awards Announced January 24, 2022
Civic Life will only award grants to registered 501(c) 3 non-profit organizations. If your entity is not registered as such, please seek a fiscal sponsor that represents:
- 501(c) 3 non-profit, or
- a government entity, or
- a business that is registered with the City of Portland.
CONTACT FOR QUESTIONS
Don’t have a fiscal sponsor? Not sure what a fiscal sponsor is? Not 100% sure your fiscal sponsor meets our requirements. Don’t let that stop a good project. Contact Mary Jaron Kelley as soon as possible to learn about fiscal sponsorship options:
You are strongly encouraged to attend one of the grant information sessions. The session will help answer questions about the application, the review process, and how the funds can be used. Please call seven days in advance for special needs accommodations, childcare, and/or language interpretation requests at 503-823-8877 or TTY 503-823-6868. All locations are mobility device accessible.
- Information Session 1: November 22, 2021 @ 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Information Session 2: December 4, 2021 @ 2:00pm-4:00pm
Information Sessions are on Zoom.
Review the Instructions PDF to find the Zoom links.
Instructions and Application Links
- North Portland Neighborhood Services Small Grants Instructions in English: 6-page PDF file
- 2021-2022 Small Grants Reimbursement Program link: Apply Here
- North Portland Neighborhood Services Small Grants Instrucciones en español: archivo PDF de 8 páginas
- Enlace del Programa de Reembolso de Pequeñas Subvenciones 2021-2022: Solicite aquí
- North Portland Neighborhood Services Tilmaamaha Deeqaha Yaryar ee Ingiriisi: 8-bog PDF file
- 2021-2022 Deeqaha Yaryar ee Barnaamijka Lacag Celinta: Halkan Ka Codso
- North Portland Neighborhood Services Kev Pab Me Me Kheesxaws Lus Askiv: 8-page PDF
- 2021-2022 Me Grants Reimbursement Program txuas: Thov ntawm no
Other Local Funding Sources
METRO CENTRAL ENHANCEMENT FUND
Metro. Only the Friends of Cathedral Park in the NPNS District are eligible to apply. Applications available early late summer/early fall. Community Enhancement funds community building projects. More information at OregonMetro.gov.
NATURE IN NEIGHBORHOODS
Metro. In the NPNS district, this grant applies only to the Friends of Cathedral Park Neighborhood Association. Applications available in early fall. Natural and open space projects. More information at OregonMetro.gov.
EAST MULTNOMAH SOIL AND WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT (EMSWCD) SPACE GRANTS
EMSWCD. All NPNS District neighborhoods are eligible. Rotating monthly application. Conservation education and community events that promote natural resource conservation. More information at EMSWCD.org.
EAST MULTNOMAH SOIL AND WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT (EMSWCD) PIC GRANTS
EMSWCD. All NPNS District neighborhoods are eligible. Applications available late summer/early fall. Soil erosion prevention/control, soil health, water quality, water conservation, or watershed health projects. More information at EMSWCD.org.
COMMUNITY WATERSHED STEWARDSHIP GRANTS & NATIVE PLANT MINI-GRANTS
City of Portland Bureau of Environmental Services. All NPNS District neighborhoods are eligible. Enhancing watershed health. Applications due late winter. More information at www.portlandonline.com/bes
VENTURE PORTLAND BENCHMARK & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT GRANTS
Venture Portland. All City of Portland including the NPNS district. Applications available late summer/early fall. Business district funding. More information at VenturePortland.org.
COMMUNITY LIVABILITY GRANT
Portland Development Commission (Prosper Portland). All Interstate Urban Renewal Corridor Area includes selected NPNS district areas. A “bricks and mortar” grant, funding historic preservation, open space, recreation facilities, etc. More information at ProsperPortland.us.
GREEN FEATURES GRANT
Portland Development Commission (Prosper Portland). All Interstate Urban Renewal Corridor Area includes selected NPNS district areas. Green building incentives for businesses. More information at ProsperPortland.us.
LESTER VILES FUND
Lester Viles North Portland Project Association. All NPNS district. This foundation distributes funds with a business connection to the community. More information at LVNPPA.org.
Do you like this page?